Dear Praying Friends,
WHAT IS OPERATION LIGHT DOING NOW?
- Church #1: Operation Light assisted in the reorganization of the Fundamental Bible Baptist Church in the Apolo region of Takoradi, Ghana, in January of 2019. Operation Light also funded the purchase of property for $20,000. The church is excited about their new meeting location which will enable them to reach more people with the Gospel. Operation Light is supporting Pastor Dare’ Olujomoye full-time.
- Church #2: Operation Light is supporting Pastor Augustine Amoah full-time, enabling him to start the Shama Baptist Church in the Shama village of Takoradi, Ghana. The church was started in the fall of 2019.
- Church #3: Operation Light is supporting Pastor Frederick Aidoo full-time, enabling him to start the Fundamental Baptist Church in Aguna Nkwanta region of Takoradi, Ghana, in the fall of 2019.
- Church #4: After three churches were planted in Ghana in 2019, Operation Light expanded into Togo, West Africa, in 2020. Praise God for the Immanuel Baptist Church being planted in a village in central Togo. (Details and info will soon be available on the website.) Operation Light has funded this church plant by providing the $5,000 needed to build a church building. They are anticipating construction on this church building to be completed by the end of 2020. The expansion of Operation Light into Togo is directly due to the hard work and influence of our veteran missionary to Togo, Emmanuel Goungampo.
WHAT ARE THE CURRENT NEEDS FOR OPERATION LIGHT?
- Church #1: Pastor Dare’ Olujomoye does have property purchased but needs the funds to build a church building on the property, which would cost approximately $8,000, and a vehicle, which will cost about $4,700.
- Church #2: Pastor Augustine Amoah has an ample place to meet for church at this time but will soon need a piece of property, which would cost approximately $3,800, a church building for approximately $27,500, and a vehicle, which will cost about $4,700.
- Church #3: Pastor Frederick Aidoo has an ample place to meet for church at this time but will soon need a piece of property, which would cost approximately $6,500, a church building for approximately $5,500, and a vehicle, which will cost about $4,700.
- Church Planting: There are at least seven men in Ghana, Togo, and Burkina Faso who have been trained and are ready to plant an independent Baptist church in a village or region near them. Some of these men are already reaching souls and holding Bible studies with their converts. The average monthly support needed for each of these men to pastor full-time is $350.
- Motorcycles: We are praying for ten more motorcycles to be purchased for village soulwinning ministries in Togo at a cost of $1,000 each.